The Oysta Lite provides peace of mind to VIPs that they can remain independent and safe and when they need help, their care circle is available at a push of a button.
Benefits to Family Members and Carers (the Care Circle)
- Location Updates – You can see on IntelliCare™ where your VIP is and if they need help, you can locate them and guide help to their location.
- Safe Zones are areas where the VIP is likely to travel. Should the VIP travel outside those safe zones anytime, or during specific times, of the day or night, a care alert is triggered. Safe Zones can be configured on IntelliCare.
- WeatherWatch notifies the care circle if the VIP is outside after dark or in extreme weather conditions. You can call them and check on them before problems occur, and if needed, guide them home using the location feature on IntelliCare.
- Whitelist of Contacts – Only authorised callers from the care circle can contact Pearl II which eliminates spam calls to the VIP. The whitelist can be changed at any time to add/remove contacts.
- Status Alerts – Through IntelliCare, you’ll be notified if your VIP’s device is switched on/off, has a low battery or if there has been ‘no activity’, indicating that the device has not been worn or used.
Benefits for Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs)
- One Touch SOS Button – When the VIP is in distress or simply needs peace of mind, they can press the discreet, SOS button. The Oysta Lite connects the VIP to their chosen emergency contact or Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) and makes a hands-free, two-way voice call.
- Two-way Voice Calls – The Lite has a loudspeaker and a sensitive microphone to allow clear voice communication to help.
- Audio Reminders – When the device has a low battery, the Oysta Lite prompts the VIP to charge the device.
- Easy Charging – Cradle Charging means that the VIP only needs to drop it into the charging cradle to charge the device.
- Waterproof – The Oysta Lite is happy in the rain or shower, and strong enough to survive a drop or brief dunking.
- Auto Answer – Calls are automatically answered when received on the Oysta Lite. No need to press a button, saving time and effort in an emergency or a welfare check situation.
What is IntelliCare™?
When you purchase the Oysta Lite, you can opt to have access to IntelliCare™. IntelliCare is a smart cloud-based platform that shows connected devices such as the Oysta Lite in a secure dashboard.
You can log in via your phone or internet browser at any time and see a real-time reflection of your loved one’s activity and location. You can see if they have been moving less/more than usual and when they are out, you are able to zoom in and see exactly what road they are on or if they are simply at home.
From within IntelliCare, safe zones (a highlighted radius on a map) can be configured so that you also receive a notification if they leave their normal zone of activity, e.g. if you have a wandering loved one, you’d be notified if they go outside that zone, you could then locate them and call them through the Oysta Lite to check they are okay or help direct them back.
Even if you opt for the monitoring service, you will receive notifications if your VIP:
- Activates the SOS button
- Has left their safe zone
- Is outside in cold weather or out after dark
- Needs to charge their device.