The Oysta Rio gives Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs) a discreet safety net so they are safe at home, safe away from home.
Benefits to Family Members and Carers (the Care Circle)
- Locator Beacons – The Oysta Rio has Bluetooth Locator Beacons so you are able to identify via IntelliCare™ your VIP’s location within a metre and whether they are at home or away from home.
- Fall Detection – Should the VIP have a fall, it will automatically connect them to their chosen contact or Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC)
- Safe Zones – Safe Zones are areas where the VIP is likely to travel. Should the VIP travel outside those safe zones, anytime or during specific times of the day or night, a care alert is
- WeatherWatch – Receive a notification if the VIP is outside after dark or in extreme weather conditions. You can call them through the Oysta Rio to check on their wellbeing, and if needed, guide them home using the location feature on IntelliCare.
- Whitelist of Contacts – Only authorised callers can contact the VIP through the Oysta Rio which eliminates spam calls to the VIP. The whitelist can be changed at any time to add/remove contacts.
- Status Alerts – Through IntelliCare, you’ll be notified if your VIP’s device is switched on/off, has a low battery or if there has been ‘no activity’, indicating that the device has not been
worn or used
Benefits to Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs)
- One Touch SOS Button: An obvious easy-to-use button for when in distress or simply needing peace of mind. The Oysta Rio connects the VIP to their chosen emergency contact or
Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) makes a hands-free, two-way voice call.
- In the event of a fall, an SOS call automatically be activated.
- Two-way Voice Calls: The Rio has a loudspeaker and a sensitive microphone to allow clear voice communication. Audio Reminders for when the device has low battery to prompt the VIP to charge the device.
- Cradle Charging means that the VIP only needs to drop it into the charging cradle to charge the device. The cradle also has an additional SOS button.
- Waterproof: Should the VIP have trouble in the shower, they can press the SOS button for assistance. (Both the Oysta Rio and OystaCare button are showerproof.)
- Auto Answer Option automatically answers calls to the Oysta Rio. No need to press a button, saving time and effort in an emergency.
What is IntelliCare™?
When you purchase the Oysta Rio, you can opt to have access to IntelliCare™. IntelliCare is a smart cloud-based platform that shows connected devices such as the Oysta Rio in a secure dashboard.
You can log in via your phone or internet browser at any time and see a real-time reflection of your loved one’s activity and location. You can see if they have been moving less/more than usual and when they are out, you are able to zoom in and see exactly what road they are on or if they are simply at home.
From within IntelliCare, safe zones (a highlighted radius on a map) can be configured so that you also receive a notification if they leave their normal zone of activity, e.g. if you have a wandering loved one, you’d be notified if they go outside that zone, you could then locate them and call them through the Oysta Rio to check they are okay or help direct them back.
Even if you opt for the monitoring service, you will receive notifications if your VIP:
- Activates the SOS button
- Has a fall
- Has left their safe zone
- Is outside in cold weather or out after dark
- Needs to charge their device.