The Pearl II™ has been designed from direct feedback from Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs) and their care circles (friends, family members and carers.) It retains many of the features of the proven and loved Pearl+ such as an SOS button, fall detection, two-way voice calls and audio reminders. It has a new streamlined design and charging cradle to avoid fiddly wires for those with hand mobility issues.
The Pearl II is a compact version of a mobile phone which enables early intervention, preventative and self-care for VIPs who want to remain independent.
The Oysta Pearl II connects to our care platform, IntelliCare™, so the care circle (family, friends and carers) will be able to set safety parameters, locate VIPs and if needed, guide them home or direct help to their location.
Benefits to Family Members and Carers (the Care Circle)
- Fall Detection – Should the VIP have a fall it will automatically connect them to their chosen contact or Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC).
- Location Updates – You can see on IntelliCare™ where your VIP is and if they need help, you can locate them and guide help to their location.
- Safe Zones are areas where the VIP is likely to travel. Should the VIP travel outside those safe zones anytime, or during specific times, of the day or night, a care alert is triggered. Safe Zones can be configured on IntelliCare.
- WeatherWatch notifies the care circle if the VIP is outside after dark or in extreme weather conditions. You can call them and check on them before problems occur, and if needed, guide them home using the location feature on IntelliCare.
- Reminder messages can be pre-set, flashing up on the Oysta Pearl II display screen to remind the VIP to take medication.
- Whitelist of Contacts – Only authorised callers from the care circle can contact Pearl II which eliminates spam calls to the VIP. The whitelist can be changed at any time to add/remove contacts.
- Status Alerts – Through IntelliCare, you’ll be notified if your VIP’s device is switched on/off, has a low battery or if there has been ‘no activity’, indicating that the device has not been worn or used.
Benefits for Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs)
- One Touch SOS Button – An easy-to-use button when the VIP is in distress or simply needs peace of mind. The Pearl II connects the VIP to their chosen emergency contact or Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) and makes a hands-free, two-way voice call.
- Fall Detection – In the event of a fall, an SOS call is automatically activated.
- Two-way Voice Calls – The Pearl II has a loudspeaker and sensitive microphone to allow clear voice communication.
- Audio Reminders – When the device has a low battery it prompts the VIP to charge the device.
- Easy Charging – Cradle Charging means that the VIP only needs to drop it into the charging cradle to charge the device.
- The Auto Answer option means that the call is automatically answered so there is no need to press a button which saves time in an emergency or a wellbeing check situation.