Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs) should be encouraged to be active but have a safety net in place. Telecare devices like our Oysta Rio and Oysta Pearl II are often recommended but some VIPs can be resistant to using new technology. For those who have their own mobile phone, we have developed an app which bridges this gap.
Our OystaCare app can be installed on any Android phone (version 8+). It will soon be available in IOS so if you are interested, please register your interest with us
In the OystaCare app, VIPs have an SOS button which sends an alert to the Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) or their chosen contacts. Family and carers can send welfare check messages and locate the VIPs if needed.
OystaCare is a cost-effective telecare solution for VIPs who already have a mobile.
Please note the App can be put on multiple devices but a license is purchased for each device. Please contact us if you’d like your app to be available on multiple devices.
Benefits to Family Members and Carers (the Care Circle)
- Easy to Install – Simple to install; we send you a link to download the app on the device, you fill out a form for settings specific to your loved one and we configure it all remotely for you.
- Welfare Check Messages – VIPs can indicate their well-being through the OystaCare app with a happy or sad face which is sent through to the care circle via IntelliCare™. You can then decide if you need to visit or conduct a well-being call.
- Location Updates – You can locate your VIP at any time via IntelliCare, and if they need help you can use the feature to help guide them home.
- WeatherWatch – Receive a notification if the VIP is outside after dark or in extreme weather conditions. You can call them through the Oysta Rio to check on their wellbeing, and if needed, guide them home using the location feature on IntelliCare.
- SOS – When VIPs are out and feel unsafe, they can press and receive assistance. It can activate a call through to the care circle or the Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC).
- Activity Pattern Monitoring – Through IntelliCare, the care circle can see their VIPs activity pattern so that if the phone has not moved, the care circle will be notified to conduct a welfare check.
- Contact List – Only authorised callers from the care circle can contact the VIP. The whitelist can be changed at any time to add/remove contacts.
Benefits to Vulnerable Independent People (VIPs)
- Any Android Phone – VIPs can install the OystaCare app on any Android mobile phone that has a version 8+ operating system. VIPs have a safety net when they leave home, with familiar technology.
- Simple to use – OystaCare is very simple to use. The home screen has two main buttons for the VIP: “SOS” is to call for assistance if it is needed, and “How am I feeling?” which lets the care circle know how they are feeling.
- SOS – At a press of a button VIPs can be connected to their care circle or Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) if they feel unsafe.
- Send Wellbeing Messages – VIPs can indicate their well-being by clicking on the “How am I feeling?” button which displays a “sad” face or a “happy” face. The care circle will be notified and conduct a welfare check if needed.
What is IntelliCare™?
When you purchase the OystaCare app, you can opt to have access to IntelliCare™. IntelliCare is a smart cloud-based platform that shows connected devices such as the OystaCare app in a secure dashboard.
You can log in via your phone or internet browser at any time and see a real-time reflection of your loved one’s activity and location. You can see if they have been moving less/more than usual and when they are out, you are able to zoom in and see exactly what road they are on or if they are simply at home.
From within IntelliCare, safe zones (a highlighted radius on a map) can be configured so that you also receive a notification if they leave their normal zone of activity, e.g. if you have a wandering loved one, you’d be notified if they go outside that zone, you could then locate them and call them to check they are okay or help direct them home.
Even if you opt for the monitoring service, you will receive notifications if your VIP:
- Activates the SOS button
- Has left their safe zone
- Is outside in cold weather or out after dark
There are no reviews yet.